HypnoBirthing® is as much a philosophy of birth as it is a technique for achieving safer, comfortable, and easier births.
It was founded by Marie Mongan in 1989 and continues to be the leading method for families that desire to feel a sense of calm, confidence & readiness for the birth of their babies.
This amazing program teaches you, along with your birth partner, the art and joy of experiencing birth in a more comfortable manner.
You will learn how to call upon your body’s own natural relaxant, and therefore lessen, or eliminate, discomfort and the need for medical intervention.
When you are properly prepared for childbirth and when the mind and body are in harmony, nature is free to function in the same well-designed manner that it does with all other mothers in nature.
Through self-hypnosis and special breathing visualization techniques, HypnoBirthing teaches you to release fear and to trust your body’s ability to birth instinctively.
Data shows that HypnoBirthing parents have:
- Less Fear approaching birth
- Fewer interventions and surgical births
- Decreased use of oxytocics or AROM
- Shorter 1st and 2nd phase labor
- Fewer pre-term and low-weight babies
- Lessened or eliminated need for analgesia
- Happier and more content mothers & babies
- Babies alert; able to nurse almost immediately
- Few cases of post-partum depression reported
- Infants with higher than average APGAR score